Wednesday 6 January 2010

Thoughts of Summer Already...

Whilst reading old entries on some music blogs I came across a band called Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Their music is different to anything else I’ve listened to and each track seems to change from the last in it’s own unique way. When I hear new music I always go on to YouTube to check out the video, I’m not sure why but it’s something that I have always done. I think you can get some great inspiration and ideas from music videos. One track from the band is called Home, check out the link below. The video has conjured up thoughts of the summer and it has made me want to escape to somewhere warm wearing pretty sundresses and sandals. It has been snowing nonstop here over the past few days and it is freezing! To leave the house you have to be wrapped up in multiple layers complete with boots, huge coat and woolly accessories. I cannot wait for spring to arrive with slightly warmer weather; I am definitely looking forward to sunshine and showers instead of sub zero temperatures and ice! Yes Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros have put me in a summery mood! It’s the long flowing dresses and hair to match that has done it for me! She also has a sun parasol! Maybe I should make it my mission to get one as an elaborate accessory for the summer? Can I please skip forward a few months please? No!? Ok, I guess I’ll go throw on another woolly layer and hat then!

No comments:

Post a Comment